Sunday, October 2, 2011

Heartbreak and IBS

Breakups are hard especially when you are on the receiving end.  You know IBS people are human too and when we are hurting some of us turn to bad food to comfort us.  In that book I mentioned in my last post Eating for IBS, it says the main trigger foods are fried foods, dairy and red meat.  This week alone I've had foods that would naturally sending me running to the toilet.  I had deep fried sweet potato fries and the next day I was completely fine, which never happens.  I wonder if it's the oil they use at Hero Burger or my stomach is in such despair it has no desire to react.  You think I would have smartened up and go back on my IBS diet pronto... nope.  So for the last 3 days I've had curry, which depending on the spices they use will make my stomach act up, which again I had no reaction.  In fact for the last two days I've been IBS-C which most of us know as IBS Constipation, which I am not, I'm an IBS-D.  It's almost like I'm testing my stomach, I want to be tortured because my heart is hurting.  Hey on the bright side I'm eating comfort food that my stomach under normal circumstances would send me living on the toilet.  Perhaps next week will be telling, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.  It's funny when you have IBS,you tend to talk a lot about your washroom adventures.

Tip for today:

Tell your stomach I love you even when you're bowled over on the toilet in tears.  You won't work up as much energy as if you were yelling and scolding your stomach.  :)



No comments: