Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hello Again

It feels like forever since I have written a post for this blog.  It's 11:35pm here and I was about to fall asleep when I realized I need to blog!  It's been a hectic few weeks, and in the grand scheme of life, I am starting to focus on getting to know myself and do fun things for me.  I have decided to take up guitar lessons and tonight was my first lesson and I enjoyed it, however my delicate fingers are a bit sore from pressing down on the strings.

My IBS has been fairly good to me, I've had only one attack and it was definitely my fault, I had too much pepper and my body said ENOUGH, I shall punish you!  Since I was a child I would pretend I had tiny little men working in my stomach as if it was a mining company and instead of digging up gold they were digging up left over food and sending it too fast to the chute.  I love telling that story to my loved ones and close friends, I thoroughly enjoy their puzzled faces and eventual laughter at my weirdness.  I've never actually given my IBS a first name, I should considering my stomach thinks it is separate from me.  Anyways, next week I shall get back on track with my topics.

Tip for today: Never rely on Immodium as a daily or consistent remedy, that stuff will mess up your stomach in the long run.  It constipates me for 3 days and then I have one day of an IBS attack to balance it out.  So word of caution only take it if you cannot cancel plans, such as boarding a plane, train or anything else.

Good Night!

4 comments:

Colon said...

Hey! I play the guitar too. Don't give up! It's really hard at the beginning because your fingers hurt and they don't do what you try to do with them but eventually your fingers will obey and you'll be able to play a lot of stuff...

It's just a matter of time, patience and perseverance.

What kind of music do you like?

Colon said...

Still alive? Did your bowels kill you?

LovingIBS said...

Hey Colon,

I'm still alive, just been very busy and full of IBS as well. I'm having a hard time being motivated to continue this blog. Thanks for checking up?

El Jefe said...

Hey! Colon here... I'm sending this comment through my google account, I have no idea of what username I'll have...

I'm so sad to hear that... This was a great site for me to practice my English...

Hope you'll get better soon!

If you want to stay in touch with me, just let me know!